FP & A
Agriculture Capital (“AC”) is a sustainability-driven agriculture and food investment firm that currently manages two investment funds (“the Funds”). With $800 million under management, the Funds invest in permanent cropland and synergistic midstream assets to create a vertically integrated enterprise that grows, packs and markets high-value produce. Through an owner-operator model, the Funds employ a value-added approach to farm and food operations
Agriculture Capital is seeking a highly credentialed individual for its FP & A Associate role. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of financial analysis experience. The position will be responsible for the financial analysis, forecasting and reporting of the operating performance of the Funds and the portfolio companies (PCs) owned by the Funds. This data intensive and highly analytical position offers an inside look at the fundamentals of growing, packing and marketing certain crops. This position also creates and maintains models that forecast the short and long-term capital requirements of the PCs over the life the Funds. Other analysis includes capital budgeting, debt, and other detailed scenario modeling. The FP & A Associate reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer of Agriculture Capital.
This is a full-time position, with a flexible work schedule. AC offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits program. All candidates are required to successfully complete a full background/credit check at the offer stage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and maintain complex financial models that project Fund performance, including capital requirements and distributions for the underlying PC’s.
• Assist with the analysis, review and determination of concluded fair values for the PC’s.
• Assist in the creation of data sets on key assumptions including crop pricing, yields, farming costs and exit values.
• Measure and summarize the operating performance of the Funds’ PCs.
• Create and disseminate dashboard reports aggregating financial data across the PC’s and Funds.
• Gather, compare and utilize market information to build robust reference data sets.
• Work closely with operational teams to validate assumptions and quantify potential operational impacts.
• Develop financial models to support the use and structure of PC debt and monitor debt covenant compliance.
Essential Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, with a working knowledge of accrual based accounting. CMA is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an FP & A role.
- Experience in agriculture or an ag related industry is a significant plus.
- Experience in developing strong relationships within teams, including those located remotely.
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to connect the dots and provide meaningful insights to business drivers and trends.
- Proven ability to multi-task, and produce quality work within tight deadlines.
- Superior skills with Excel.
- Ability to work with large data sets.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to be flexible, creative, resourceful and disciplined in a high-growth setting.
- Candidates must have the highest standards of personal and professional ethics, and be aligned with our mission. Full U.S. work authorization