FP & A Associate
The FP & A Associate will partner with Operations leadership and third-party asset managers to deliver proactive insight, strategies, financial models, analysis and metrics to drive and optimize current and future business decisions. The FP& A Associate is expected to help lead and coordinate the operations annual budgeting process as well as drive the strategic planning process. That process and others require the FP & A Associate to work on special projects to support the business units. The first special project will be creating an operational reporting structure with our Oregon blueberry packing team. This project will require familiarity with (or a willingness to learn to) navigate a prophet accounting system to create accessible excel reports and templates. The FP&A Associate position has accountability for critical business processes that require accurate financial analyses and reports. The ideal candidate will be highly analytical with the ability to synthesize data in multiple platforms. The FP & A Associate reports directly to the Operations Chief Executive Officer of ACO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with ACO senior leadership and third-party asset managers to develop business review financials and presentations
- Support strategic and annual planning process to prepare high quality budgets and presentations
- Leverage multiple information platforms and analytical tools to analyze weekly/monthly variances between actuals and plan and to identify opportunities and risk embedded in the plan
- Partner with Operations to prepare long and short- term capital budgets and provide financial analysis for capital investments.
- Develop, maintain and improve KPI’s, budgeting, ranch block analysis and financial modeling tools and systems
- Provide analytical support and financial analysis for operations optimization projects, cost reduction efforts, and various ad-hoc requests
- Assume a leadership role on process improvement project teams
- Proactively look for and identify opportunities for implementable value creation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Advanced skills in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and other Microsoft Office products. Familiarity with Prophet and Famous accounting systems is a plus.
- Proven analytical, financial modeling and strategic thinking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to communicate both orally and written between different stakeholders (Farmers, Processors, Salespeople & Fund Managers)
- Skilled at using a commonsense approach to problem solving and the ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses
- Ability to holistically balance multiple projects and manage deadlines accordingly
- Willingness to work as a team member
- Self-motivation, willingness to learn and have a good work ethic
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- High level of integrity and accountability with a strong sense of urgency
- Interest in sustainability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Finance. MBA or CPA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in FP &A functions, accounting, or related business environment
- Experience with agriculture accounting and budgeting
- Business Intelligence tool and enterprise resource planning systems experience
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing, ever changing environment, preferable with food/ agriculture company
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, such as GAAP and accrual-based accounting
COMPENSATION Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including health, dental and vision and 401(k).