Senior Regional Associate
The Senior Regional Associate’s Goal is to drive performance of the asset properties (Special Purpose Vehicles -SPVs) within the region to exceed expectations of the underwriting and core values of Agriculture Capital (AC). The secondary goal is to source aligned assets for acquisition, construct the development plan collaborate with the investment team to execute the purchase. This is a strategic position tasked with maximizing return, performance and innovation. The SRA also takes a key leadership role in furthering AC’s ESG and impact goals for the regions assets and their managers aligning AC’s mission, vision and core values.
The Senior Regional Associate reports directly to the Regional Manager for the designated Region. As a key member of the team this role is one of stewardship and collaboration with all functions of the organization within a given region. The Senior Regional Associate has a deep knowledge of the region, its crops, industries, organizations and history. The SRA works closely with the Regional Manager to oversee operations, investing and reporting of all Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs) including farming and midstream operations in the region. The SRA collaborates with all asset managers to improve performance and reporting from the region with the key objective of driving returns set forth in underwriting. The SRA is also responsible for property pipeline development and the due diligence process for the investments within the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists with facilitation and coordination of development of purchased assets
• Coordinate progress reporting, sustainability and data tracking
• Implement Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) programs developed in coordination with the sustainability team
• Responsible for quarterly budgets and reporting process for region.
• SPV Budget coordination and approval prior to forwarding to finance team
• Facilitate measuring performance to help asset managers create value
• Facilitate the collaboration on best practices across regions, including research projects and trials
• Facilitate budgeting for development, operations and cap-x projects, budget oversight
• Actively works with region deal teams and engaged in all process for the regions acquisitions
• Collaborates with the investment team on diligence, closing and operationalizing investments
• Collaborates with category managers to alignment of potential acquisitions with crop strategy
• Collaborates with the category manager to defines regional, crop specific goals to improve returns with both farm and mid-stream assets
• Facilitates, capturing and disseminating best practices across the organization to unlock AC value
• Assists in developing short term and long-term innovation initiatives through field trials and special projects
• Assists in developing governance for innovation investment decisions, measurement and reporting
• Collaborate and socialize initiatives to ensure full stakeholder buy-in and inclusion of their input in implementation of new technologies, and innovations
Essential Skills and Requirements:
COMPENSATION Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including health, dental and vision and 401(k).