Agriculture Capital is seeking an exceptional Strategy Associate to support the strategy and business development activities of the organization. In this role, the Strategy Associate will conduct research, develop strategy, and draft reports on the select permanent crop markets in which we are active, including the growing, packing, sales and marketing segments of the supply chain. The Strategy Associate reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) of Agriculture Capital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist CMO with Strategy Development, Execution, and Monitoring
• Assist in the development of specific crop strategies to meet Financial, Social and Environmental objectives globally
• Assist CMO to define regional, crop specific goals to improve returns with both farm and mid-stream assets to meet or exceed fund objectives.
• Work with partners to execute recommendations and evaluate crop strategy performance annually
• Research and analyze opportunities for crop specific sourcing and investment strategies.
• Collect data and analysis to support CMO to develop pipeline and support investment process.
• Assist investment team to draft underwriting and investment memo for Investment Committee presentations
• Industry networking providing sourcing opportunities for the category and category insights
• Market Channel
• Find and compile data of crop specific, 1) consumer trends 2) buyer trends 3) competitor trends to facilitate data informed discussions on global and domestic relevance of AC’s strategy
• Work with CMO and asset managers to help build marketing and sales strategy to maximize returns
• Assist CMO to Identify new crop strategies and new crop varieties
• Support CMO to conduct market research to build crop strategy and performance, develop quarterly crop reports and white papers.
• Collaborate with regional managers and partners to implement innovations to drive performance and cement leadership position in the industry
• Track and optimizing category returns across a specific vertical and across all regions (currently US and AU)
• Assist with investment and reporting process to provide market/industry relevant information to crop and regions.
• Assist CMO with establishing strategy to optimize returns by crop vertical through processing, packing, marketing and sales within the region and globally.
- 3-5 years of experience (consideration provided for graduate school) in business development, corporate strategy, management consulting or other functions with strong research, strategy and analytical focus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; M.B.A., or graduate degree in relevant business or agricultural field a strong plus
Essential Skills and Requirements:
Location: San Francisco, CA or Bakersfield, CA