We are expanding and plan to hire a Research Analyst for our San Francisco office who will work closely with our investment team in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment to provide support in researching, documenting, and executing new investment opportunities. This role will report directly to the SVP of Investments, and work with and across all the firm’s investment products and projects. In this role, the Research Analyst will support of the team’s SVP, Senior Associate, and Associate in the investment process. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in food, agriculture, and natural resources, and strong verbal and written communication skills, and will be able to thrive in a dynamic environment working across a diverse set of requirements.
- Assist the team in gathering data to support the investment process.
- Draft sections of internal recommendation memorandum.
- Gather and monitor market information to build robust reference data sets on existing and prospective crops and geographies
- Maintain investment pipeline database to support transaction sourcing activity.
- Support finance team on projects related to fund reporting, existing investment performance, and strategic planning and analysis.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities and required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Demonstrated interest or experience in agriculture/food
- Commitment to sustainability.
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization / interpretation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Proficient skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and Salesforce
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Candidates must demonstrate the potential to be flexible, creative, resourceful and disciplined in a high-growth setting
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will have the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity, and be aligned with our mission
COMPENSATION Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and 401 (k).