We are expanding and plan to hire an Investment Analyst for our Portland office who will work closely with our investment team in an energetic, entrepreneurial environment to provide support in researching, sourcing, analyzing and executing new investment opportunities, along with managing existing investments. This role will report directly to the Principal of Investments, and work with and across all the Firm’s investment products and projects. In this role, the Investment Analyst/Associate will gather relevant data, build and support investment models, draft and present investment recommendation summaries and actively engage with the team during investment discussions. The ideal candidate will have strong financial modeling and written and verbal communication skills, will be a true team player with a commitment to success, and will be able to thrive in a very dynamic environment working across a diverse set of opportunities.
- Create and maintain complex financial models to support our investment process.
- Draft and present internal investment recommendation memoranda.
- Gather and monitor market information to build robust reference data sets.
- Work closely with operational teams to validate assumptions and quantify potential operational impacts.
- Maintain investment pipeline data and gather relevant information from industry sources.
- Support finance team on projects related fund reporting, existing investment performance, and strategic planning and analysis.
- Demonstrated interest or experience in agriculture/food
- 1-2 years of experience in financial modeling, preferably within investment banking, management consulting, agriculture, real estate, or private equity.
- Commitment to sustainability.
- Strong communication, analytical and data organization / interpretation skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, and produce quality work within tight deadlines
- Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), and Salesforce
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment
- Candidates must demonstrate the potential to be flexible, creative, resourceful and disciplined in a high-growth setting
- Most importantly, the successful candidate will have the highest standards of personal and professional ethics and integrity, and be aligned with our mission
COMPENSATION Competitive salary, bonus and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, LTD and 401 (k).
Please submit a cover letter and answer the two questions with your application.